Sunday, May 6, 2012

I love a good challenge!

After hearing lots of fellow gym members' testimonials about Advocare's 24 day challenge off and on for nearly a year, I've decided to buck up and give it a go. I start tomorrow and I'm pretty excited/nervous.  Jason and I spent literally the whole day and night from 8am-10pm, prepping our food for the week. Less a 30 minute Costco trip, 2 hrs at mom's doing yardwork, and 2 hrs in town for our first softball game (that we WON) and dinner/family yahtzee game. That's 8+ hours of prep in 3 shifts!! I do believe we have WAY too much food, though. we'll see how much we'll have wasted come next sunday.

click on photo to enlarge















Dinners for the week include *shredded chicken tacos (mine will be in a lettuce shell)lots of veggies and black beans/rice *turkey meatballs w/ roasted veggies and wildrice/quinoa mix *turkey breast dinner salad and rice (twice) *chef salad *chili *stirfry w/ rice 

The biggest thing I'm hoping to get out of this is healthier eating habits. I wouldn't call myself a junk food junkie or anything, but I know I could benefit from some of the things this program makes you stick to. Plus, Jason would be SO happy if we cut out white flour from our diets completely. As it is, he buys his own pancake mix and has made every attempt to get me to not puke in my mouth at the mere mention of whole grain spagetti noodles. He's so evolved (eyeroll). Also, if we get into the habit of preparing all our meals for the week on sundays, it would ease a lot of dinner related tension. Jason would never get mad that I don't have dinner waiting for him, but I know it's his longtime daydream. Those are my two goals going into this. I honestly haven't really had any expectations physically. I did make sure to have Jason take "before" pics, because I was told I probably should.  IF there is noticable change bodily, I will post them with "after" pics when my 24 days is up. Which will happen to be June 1st. Along with that, I will get my weight and measurements taken tomorrow and again right after.  Again... IF there's a change, I will post those too.

*note to self: in said "before" pics, you were wearing your size M white cami, not the L, and your nude bra (to keep the pics fair)

2 comments:

Bonnie and Tyler said...

Mad props! Such organization. can't wait to hear the results in 24 days!

Liz said...

you wanna come plan my meals for me. i hate it! and grocery shopping. i'm coveting your fridge right now!