Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DAY 24



LAST DAY!!!!!

It's the last day of my challenge. I may do one extra day because I have an extra day's worth of supplies, but it's totally not mandatory anymore! YAY! I made it! Wahoozie!

In the beginning it felt like it would take forever, but it really has flown by. At times it was rough and emotional and challenging. You'd think maybe I'd have expected that, it is in the name for pete's sake! I tweaked the plan a bit to suit me better. And cheated a bit here and there. BUT i think it's helped change my way of thinking about food. I know I can go a month without eating out. I know I can go without indulging in every craving. I will be replacing my bad choices for healthier options (you finally won the whole grain pasta war, jason!). I've learned a little bit more about what foods to eat and when. Overall, this experience has taught me a lot and that makes it worth the time and effort. Money well spent.

I'm a little bit worried about my weigh-in taking measurements. Not for any good reason, I just feel like I have reverse body dysmorphia (let's pretend that's a real condition) because I feel like I look better in real life than I actually do. I see pics of myself and think "Who's that? Surely it's not me. I look way better than that!" But whatevs... that's a okay problem to have I guess. Anywho... I may have my stats taken today, or maybe first thing friday. I just really hope that my numbers reflect the way I feel!

I used gum to curb my sweet tooth. I've never chewed so much gum in my life-I constantly felt like a Valley girl!

 CHEATS
*spoonful of PB most nights for a late night snack
*1 jolly rancher at a weak moment
*low carb tortilla on a burn day
*dressing on my salads(the best I could find,2TBS at most/watered down)
*potatoes in my breakfast scramble on race day + larger portion
*changing up my ratio to 2 burn days:1 refuel day

We have a date planned for Friday to go to Red Robin for fries smothered in ketchup and to see the new Snow White movie with Charlize Theron. Also, I have one of Lizzie's famous peanut butter cup brownies in a tupperware that's been taunting me from my counter since our BBQ on Monday! MMMMM!!!!!






1 comments:

Kacorn said...

I know what you mean about pictures being shocking... the only thing I've really thought to explain it is that the part of me I feel- is the muscle part, and that is the size that I think it is... all the 'other stuff' on top of that, I forget that it's there... but someday it won't be right? ;) Good job!