Monday, May 7, 2012

DAY 1

**This post is basically just for my personal record, but if you're interested in the challenge and what it's all about... by all means, go crazy and continue reading!

Today was day 1 of the cleanse portion of the challenge.
*I don't think I've ever drank so much water in a day in my life! A gallon in a day is absurd, but it is needed to help flush out all the grossies.

*The fiber drink makes me gag. Like nearly as bad as a glucose test, though in a different way. It is gritty and pulpy and slimy and not awful tasting, but not good either. Tomorrow I will try it as a "smoothie" and blend it in ice and drink it with one of Jason's ginormous milkshake straws. Maybe not as much will hit my tongue that way!

*I have a very sensitive gag reflex... but eating when I'm not hungry does it too.  I'm used to getting a craving and indulging when I'm not hungry, but it's really hard to eat food you don't necessarily like much when you aren't hungry.

*Having everything pre-made and portioned out makes it SO EASY. The only thing I ever had to think about today was the schedule, which I know will get to be second nature in a few days.

*I have found that I look forward to my snack times. I love fruit and nuts, so this is my favorite part ;)

*I was measured and weighed today and was up a pound and down a percent (I think) for body fat since September. I'm glad I haven't done it since then, because man alive, is that discouraging! I know I'm changing physically. Slowly, but still... the numbers don't reflect it :(  Now that I know this information, it makes me excited to jumpstart my metabolism with this challenge!

1 comments:

Tif said...

Glad the first day went relatively well! I know how discouraging the scale can be when you've been working SO.BLASTED.HARD! Don't let it get you down. As long as you can feel the changes it's good, right?

Excited to hear how this turns out for you!