Friday, May 18, 2012

Failures and Triumphs

So today was the last mid-session fit test. Steps. I was so super pumped up about it that I decided to go at 7am (which is unheard of for this non early bird). My goal at the beginning of this session was to do core workouts at home on off days so that by midsession my situp fit test improved enough to get me to 650. Well, my situp fit test was yet another bust, so I had to make it up in steps. 308 of them. I was going at an awesome pace and for one reason or another, only mustered up 302. I was beyond pissed at myself. I had a very short pity party, about 2 minutes worth, in which I shed a few tears. But brushed myself off and turned that into a celebration instead. I pulled off breaking 300 steps, which is totally awesome! Also, I beat my high score of 589 AND raised my total fit test score from 533@ the beginning of this session to 644 this time. That's 111 points people!!  PLUS... I now have some added motivation to meet my goal by EOS. The right way. By working on my weakness on off days, which is my core strength.

To sum up the way I'm feeling about not meeting my goal, AWESOME & MOTIVATED!!

0 comments: