Thursday, January 3, 2013

Feeling Itchy

I don't know why. Maybe because it's a new year? Because we are laying out our hopes for the future/focusing on the things we want in life?  Maybe because the years seem to pass by quicker the older I get? But I've been feeling like I need a change. Like, a big one. Usually if I'm feeling the need for change, it's because something is going "wrong" or I'm feeling bored and stuck in a rut. But life is pretty sweet. I'm happy. But feel like it's time for the next big thing.

Sometimes the urge is small. A bathroom remodel or selling our bedroom set for something different. But mostly it's big. Like getting a dog, or having a baby (it would be our last), moving, or using the plans we had drawn up and actually building an addition.

For those who really know me, you know that it's kind of huge for me to crave big change. Big change is scary, and I'm pretty much a chicken. Big change is usually a lot to fret over, and I'm pretty much a worrywart. Big change takes faith that it'll all work out, and I've been labeled a pessimist a time or two.

Today we met with the bank to see what it'll take to get a construction loan to build our addition. It's still a bit fuzzy if it's going to be the option we choose, but we are on the right track.

If we don't build, we'll see about moving to a house that better suits our future.

If we build OR move, we'll start talking about that baby.

Whether we build OR move OR neither, we'll be getting a dog within the next year or so. Dang that Miley....She ruined me!

1 comments:

Tif said...

You and I are so opposite about change! I hadn't really thought about that until just now. I LOVE having things change. Itchy feet...that's pretty much how I roll (thank heavens for yearly trips to Europe to keep them at bay or John might get worried!)

The house is a big one. It's hard to know if you should pour money into the one you're at or move house. I know what you guys want out of where you live has changed a bit since you built that one. I hope you come to a peaceful decision on that front. Can't wait for your next baby AND the dog!