Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best Wife Ever

I always used to tell Crystal that she is the second best wife to ever walk this planet. Nobody specific was a better wife, but there had to be somebody a tiny bit more amazing, right? (That really makes me sound like a jerk when written out loud) Anyway, I am now sure that there has NEVER been anybody better at being a wife than Crystal. Tuesday night I had a Homeowners Board meeting right after work that I thought would only last for an hour. It lasted for 2 but she had still kept my dinner warm for me. But of course, as soon as I get it warmed up and sit down at the table I get a call from a customer who had no water. So i have to go out to work, but Crystal says to take it with me. I pack my dinner to go.......and forget it on the counter. I finally get home for good and enjoy my grilled turkey/cheese and tomato soup at 9:30.
Little did I know that she felt so bad for me, and was determined to not repeat that hunger episode. She calls me yesterday right before I left work, just to make sure I'd be home on time. I tell her I have to stop at Best Buy to get some wire colors for the remote start I'm helping Scotty with on Thursday, but then I'll be home. She calls me again on the way home just to see how much longer I'll be. To me it sounds like she's got the "I'm ready to not be the only parent here" tone in her voice, so I speed home (Like I wasn't speeding before). I walk in and am immediately told to sit at the dinner table. I'm all dirty so I have to change first, but after changing I am forced into my chair. And then she drops the bomb on me.
She is now the clearcut winner of the Best Wife Ever title.

2 comments:

Tif said...

I think I want Crystal for a wife. Think she'd make me dinners like that???

Seriously, Jason, you've got a winner there...me, I'd probably just have been frustrated with John not getting home and being able to eat the dinner I worked on (oh wait...that happened on Monday!) and gone on a cooking strike...

Jason and Crystal said...

okay... it was a sweet thing i did,
BUT i have to admit, this dinner being blogworthy just goes to show the meals he usually gets aren't that great! ie. grilled turkey and cheese w/ tomato soup!!