Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to the Grind

With Summer fading away and the school year about to start, it's becoming more apperant that I need to get my family on a schedule. It's hard going from no commitments to needing a stringent routine!

I'm going try cleaning my house by days. Monday will be kitchen, Tuesday bathrooms, Wednesday living room, Thursday bedrooms & Fridays will be dedicated to organizing. Obviously laundry and tidying will be daily chores still, but hopefully going by a schedule will help me to feel like my house is not always dirty. I can live in a messy house, but not a dirty one!

Going back to school also means homework. To be perfectly honest, I have never been one to enforce homework. Last year Jax almost never turned in his homework packets on time. That's not really a great look for the PTO V.P., is it? So, this year I will become the mean ol' mom who makes her kids do homework the instant they get home ( I NEVER did my homework when I was in school) but it's not really a cool mom move to stunt your kids' learning, either!

I am also accepting offers for playdates. I could easily get in the groove of cleaning/erranding all day and that's not really fair to poor Ellie, who's always had a sibling home to play with all day. So far so good with that. Lizzie and I will be taking the babies to swim lessons in October, and  Jen and I will continue meeting one day a week like we have all summer, which I'm so happy about!

I know I'll be super busy between doing my household stuff, playing, PTO stuff, Advocare business & maintaining a healthy lifestyle... but hopefully if I become a more regimented person, it will all be a breeze!

0 comments: