Thursday, February 4, 2010

HOMEMADE BABY LEGWARMERS

so i'm out shopping for clearance pants for my new baby niece lilly, at fred's the other day and see these cuties on super clearance for $1.18!! such a good deal, right?! little did i know there was a giant orange REASON!!




i've been wanting to make some since i first saw them in a store lots of months ago,
so i found a photo tutorial on google and decided to make some out of my
old socks that needed mending.


BEFORE
notice the hole in the toe



AFTER
so very easy!! everyone should make some! these were made out of crew length women's socks. i'm a bit afraid that they'll be too big for baby lilly, and may need to find children's size ones, but we'll see. i made my boys model them for me when i finished and they were crew length on my 5yo and almost knee highs on my 3yo, so i figure they MAY be thigh high for a baby, which will be perfect, so long as they aren't too loose! these could totally be made out of women's thigh highs for a 5+yr old, though!



this is my first doll, made from scraps i had hanging around. i got the idea from martha. SO EASY and QUICK, i made her in just a few hours with kids running around me!! yes, she still needs a face, i know. believe me i'm always reminded by jax. who, by the way, LOVES her! her felt hair is already pilled because of him!

2 comments:

Liz said...

so cute, way to go crafty lady. that doll is adorable!

Jessie and Jonathan said...

So crafty cute.